Information, Advice and Guidance TQUK Level 2 Certificate
Studying this course will provide an in-depth understanding of the key areas associated with giving effective information, advice and guidance (IAG). Knowledge and skills learnt will include signposting, referrals, record keeping, confidentiality and communication/listening techniques.
Units / Modules
- Information, advice or guidance in practice
- Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance
- Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance
- Information, advice or guidance in context
- Skills for advice providers
You will be assessed throughout your study by a series of assessment questions which are built into the course. Your answers are automatically saved and are available for you to revise and edit at any point before submission. You submit your assessment answers to your Tutor for marking, who will give you feedback on each question.
There are no formal qualification requirements, however, a good standard of English and digital literacy is essential.
This course may support learners into employment or on to higher level apprenticeships or study.