NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
The resulting qualification will give you the knowledge and practical skills you need to perform as a leading health and safety professional of the future. You will gain confidence in your capabilities to recognise and solve everyday health and safety issues and take opportunities for improvement.
- This advanced health and safety qualification will support your academic and career progression.
- This is a replacement qualification for the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Upcoming Dates 2023/2024:
- DN2 – Controlling Workplace Health Issues UK: August 30th – November 8th, exam: November 15th – November 29th
- DN1 – Workplace Health and Safety Principles UK: January 3rd – March 6th, exam: March 13th – April 12th
- DN3 – Workplace Safety Issues UK: TBC
How will you be assessed?
The qualification units are assessed in the following way:
- Know – workplace health and safety principles
- Assignment – workplace-based tasks together with simulations and reflective statements and a research topic
- Do – controlling workplace health issues
- Scenario-based case study
- Do – controlling workplace safety issues
- Scenario-based case study
Each assessment is a substantial undertaking. We anticipate that it will take you around 60 hours to complete the DN1 assignment and 40 hours each for the DN2 and DN3 case studies. The time-period given for you to complete each assessment reflects this:
- Unit DN1: 4 weeks (20 working days)
- Unit DN2: 2 weeks (10 working days)
- Unit DN3: 2 weeks (10 working days)
You will receive your results 50 working days after the submission date for your assessment. A unit certificate will be issued 20 working days after the notification date for each successful unit.
Once you have passed all three unit assessments (DN1/DN2/DN3) your combined percentage mark will give your overall grade for the qualification (Distinction/Credit/Pass).
Distinction 226 or higher
Credit 196 – 225
Pass 150 – 195
A qualification parchment will be issued 20 working days after the results notification date for the third successful unit.
Although there are no entry requirements, it is strongly recommended that you have achieved your NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
To acknowledge the achievements of Diploma candidates, NEBOSH organises an annual Graduation & Awards Ceremony. Learners are invited to the next available graduation ceremony following successful completion of their Diploma.
Find out more about the ceremony: NEBOSH Graduation.
Join the NEBOSH Alumni
Its free and easy for NEBOSH Diploma holders to join the NEBOSH Alumni. There are lots of benefits to signing up including the opportunity to network, invitations to CPD events and webinars, access to exclusive resources and the opportunity to help us shape the future of NEBOSH qualifications.
Add Designatory Letters after your name
You are entitled to use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH after your name once you pass the NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals.