NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
The resulting qualification will give you the knowledge and practical skills you need to perform as a leading health and safety professional of the future. You will gain confidence in your capabilities to recognise and solve everyday health and safety issues and take opportunities for improvement.
- This advanced health and safety qualification will support your academic and career progression.
- This is a replacement qualification for the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Units / Modules
The qualification deliberately looks at general workplace issues so that is can be applied in the many different sectors in which health and safety professionals may work.
On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- understand how health and safety legislation is applied in a workplace and the possible enforcement actions that could be taken
- identify and effectively communicate relevant health and safety information
- advise on a range of common workplace health and safety issues including how these can be assessed, controlled and monitored
- develop a health and safety policy strategy (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process)
- contribute to a risk management strategy
- promote a positive health and safety culture
- develop and audit health and safety management systems
- maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence
- manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
How will you be assessed?
he qualification units are assessed in the following way:
- Know – workplace health and safety principles
- Assignment – workplace-based tasks together with simulations and reflective statements and a research topic
- Do – controlling workplace health issues
- Scenario-based case study
- Do – controlling workplace safety issues
- Scenario-based case study
Each assessment is a substantial undertaking. We anticipate that it will take you around 60 hours to complete the ND1 assignment and 40 hours each for the ND2 and ND3 case studies. The time-period given for you to complete each assessment reflects this:
- Unit ND1: 6 weeks (30 working days)
- Unit ND2: 4 weeks (20 working days)
- Unit ND3: 4 weeks (20 working days)
NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety as the pre-requisite
Successful learners are invited to attend the NEBOSH Graduation and Awards Ceremony in the summer following successful completion of their Diploma.
Join the NEBOSH Alumni
Its free and easy for NEBOSH Diploma holders to join the NEBOSH Alumni. There are lots of benefits to signing up including the opportunity to network, invitations to CPD events and webinars, access to exclusive resources and the opportunity to help us shape the future of NEBOSH qualifications.
Add Designatory Letters after your name
You are entitled to use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH after your name once you pass the NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals.