NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK)
NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is ideal for Construction site managers, Contracts managers, Site workers with health and safety responsibilities and Construction health and safety advisors.It also makes excellent continued professional development (CPD) for health and safety professionals working in other industries or looking to move into construction.
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the construction industry loses around 2 million working days each year due to workplace injury and work-related illness.
With this course participants will be able to work towards and influence healthier and safer construction environments.
Gain invaluable knowledge, practical skills and a globally respected qualification that supports you to progress.
- Technical know-how to comply with legislation and implement best practice
- Practical skills to apply back in the workplace
- Confidence to influence your colleagues to work more safely
- Ability to adapt to changing workplaces and sites
- Everything you need to make your construction site healthier and safer
Learners will be better able to influence their on-site colleagues to work more safely; because they will gain the confidence and technical know-how to challenge unsafe behaviours and offer practical solutions.
The course will support individuals to progress within the construction industry.
Units / Modules
The broad syllabus includes:
- CDM roles and responsibilities
- Health and safety culture
- Assessing risk
- Managing change
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health
With an emphasis on practical application, successful learners will be able to:
- Recognise, assess and control a range of common construction hazards
- Develop safe systems of work
- Take part in incident investigations
- Advise on the roles, competencies and duties under construction legislation
- Positively influence health and safety culture
- Confidently challenge unsafe behaviours
- Help manage contractors
Prior to your official exam, we will set mock exams to give you an idea of what an exam would look like as well as to build your confidence.
Officially, the assessment is an open book examination (OBE), which will be based on a realistic scenario, that will test both what you know and what you can do. You will be asked to carry out a series of tasks using evidence from the scenario and the underpinning knowledge gained through your studies and revision. You will have 48 hours to download, complete and submit your assessment.
Your assessment will be marked by an external examiner appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
It is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Important note: NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is a standalone qualification. This means that you will not be able to use units from other NEBOSH qualifications against any part of this qualification.
For those wishing to study at a higher level, the NEBOSH Diplomas or Masters qualification offer the opportunity to gain one of the sector’s most prestigious qualifications.