Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care TQUK Level 2 Certificate
Have you ever considered how you might contribute to the care of vulnerable adults in society? This course provides the necessary preparation for any role within adult social care, in order to ensure the needs of vulnerable people continue to be met. The qualification covers a variety of topics with a focus on safeguarding, equality and diversity, and communication in an adult care setting.
Learners must be 19+, EU residents for 3+ years, earn below £23,400 and have not previously completed this course.
Units / Modules
- Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Understand the role of the social care worker
- Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
You will be assessed throughout your study by a series of assessment questions which are built into the course. Your answers are automatically saved and are available for you to revise and edit at any point before submission. You submit your assessment answers to your Tutor for marking, who will give you feedback on each question.
There are no formal qualification requirements, however, a good standard of English and digital literacy is essential.
This course may support learners into employment or on to higher level apprenticeships or study.