Principles of Working with and Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities TQUK Level 2 Certificate
Develop a comprehensive understanding of issues related to different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives through this Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
Learners must be 19+, EU residents for 3+ years, earn below £23,400 and have not previously completed this course.
Who is this course for?
Whether you are an individual looking to upskill or an employer wanting to train your staff, this course will enable you to develop a range of skills to help with the support of individuals with learning disabilities.
Units / Modules
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
You will be assessed throughout your study by a series of assessment questions which are built into the course. Your answers are automatically saved and are available for you to revise and edit at any point before submission. You submit your assessment answers to your Tutor for marking, who will give you feedback on each question.
There are no formal qualification requirements, however, a good standard of English and digital literacy is essential.
This course may support learners into employment or on to higher level apprenticeships or study.